Spring Class Schedule is here!
The days are getting warmer and longer, and that means a whole new series of wine classes here at Vino. Space is limited, so be sure to register soon by sending an email to email@example.com.
- April 25 – Charles Scicolone’s Greatest Hits, $95.00
Wine Director Charles Scicolone pours and discusses his top 10 favorites from Vino, including older vintages of Sangiovese.
- May 2 – Italian Wine and Civilization, $65.00
Marketing Director Jeremy Parzen Ph.D. pours 10 wines and discusses their historic and cultural context and impact in Italy, from the middle ages to the modern era.
- May 9 – Chianti in All Its Glory, $75.00
Wine Director Charles Scicolone pours 10 Chianti and discusses the differences between the appellation’s sub-zones and the wines’ aging potential.
- May 16 – Italian Wine 101a Northern Italy, $65.00
Robert Scibelli D.W.S. (National Development Coordinator and Instructor, International Wine Center, New York) leads his popular “Intro to Italian Wine” course, this time with a focus on Northern Italy.
- May 23 – Barolo, the Wine of Kings, the King of Wines, $105.00
Operations Manager and Piemonte expert Jim Hutchinson pours 10 wines highlighting the varied terroirs and aging potential of Barolo.
- May 30 – Italian Wine 101b Central and Southern Italy, $65.00
Robert Scibelli D.W.S. (National Development Coordinator and Instructor, International Wine Center, New York) leads his popular “Intro to Italian Wine” course, this time with a focus on Central and Southern Italy.
- June 6 – Super Tuscans, $125.00
Robert Scibelli D.W.S. (National Development Coordinator and Instructor, International Wine Center, New York) pours and discusses 10 Super Tuscans (limited seating).
- June 13 – Brunello di Montalcino, $105.00
Operations Manager and Piemonte expert Jim Hutchinson pours 10 wines and discusses his recent trip to Montalcino.
- June 20 – Sparkling Summer Blast Off, $35.00
The Vino staff pours sparkling wines in the I Trulli Garden (antipasti included).
Wednesday classes start at 6:30 p.m.
and last approximately 2 hours.
Saturday classes start at 1:30 p.m.
To register, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be sure to include the following information:
- Class and Date
- Names and Number of Persons Attending
- Billing information (necessary to hold the reservation), including 1) name as it appears on the card; 2) card number; 3) expiration date; and 4) billing address and phone number associated with the card
- Day and nighttime phone number (cell, if possible).
All reservations will be confirmed via email.
* * *
This Week’s Tasting: A Celebration of Tre Bicchieri
This Friday (5:30-7:30) and Saturday (4:30-6:30) the Vino staff will be pouring 5 wines made by producers that have been awarded the highly coveted “three glasses” (tre bicchieri) by Gambero Rosso and Slow Food in the 2007 edition of their bestselling “Italian Wines” guide.
Gambero Rosso will be presenting their Tre Bicchieri winners in New York City on March 19 and in San Francisco on March 21. (Find out more here.)
Many of the Tre Bicchieri wines are not yet even available stateside, but you can get a taste of what’s to come with a sampling of these producers’ older vintages.
Friday and Saturday tastings at Vino are FREE.
To register for the free tastings, please send an email to email@example.com.
Charles and the Vino staff will be pouring these wines:*
- Sauvignon 2005 Ronco dei Tassi (2007 Tre Bicchieri Winner),
- Gaudio Merlot 2001 Le Velette
- Dolcetto di Dogliani Papa Celso 2004 Abbona
- Vigna del Volta 2004 La Stoppa
- Barolo Massara 1998 Castello di Verduno
*Wines subject to change depending on availability.